New house, new (old) town. New school district, new (old) headaches. Navigating the system is not so different here than there, but I am hopeful of a better outcome. As of now, we have an interview scheduled with an online charter school. So far, I like them very much. We are also waiting for an IEP to be scheduled at the district and hear what they are offering in the way of a FAPE. So far, I like them much less.
Music therapy continues and is going well. There have been some delays with accessing services at Rite Care. My suspicion is that after the initial meeting, the SLP assigned to him had those concerns. She isn't qualified to provide diagnoses, so, unlike some other unqualified individuals, she is actually a professional and won't even allude to her spectrum of suspicions. I suspect she is pretty good with a hammer. Despite her best attempts at PR, the reason they want to withdraw services was apparent. This opinion, this perspective has become easy to recognize, detectable between the lines of double-speak from even the most seasoned diplomat. It almost has an odor.
At my husband's insistence, I phoned our beloved Dr. C in ole Music City U.S.A. Shortly before the hysterical laughter and tears ensued, these words were spoken, "Oh, Rite Care! I was thinking you said Wright, like W-R-I-G-H-T. Yes, I'm the head of the Rite Care in Nashville. That is perfectly appropriate for [FMO]. Have them call me and I will talk to them."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment